Experienced web developer with special fondness for dynamic languages such as PHP. Worked with compiled languages such as Java, C# and VB.Net. Passionate about technology, Linux, Open Source software, and for finding a new challenge in everyday tasks.
Backend developer, frontend enthusiast, implementer, researcher, web practitioner and tech savvy.
Spring and Springboot70%
Docker and Kubernetes85%
C# and .Net75%
Laravel / CakePHP / CodeIgniter80%%
Senior Application Developer
Synergies First, Santiago
June 2018 - December 2019
Helped maintain large code base written in C# and VB .Net that uses a SQL Server database with over 3k objects. And maintained one of the Top 10 company’s products,a public facing application being used nationwide.
- Maintain existing projects in C# and VB.Net.
- Maintain large stored routine codebase in T-SQL.
- Create UX/UI using the Telerik framework.
- Improve the existing QA test bench.
- Windows services with C# and EF5.
- REST API using C#, WepApi 2 and EF5
- ERP Core System with PHP, Laravel, Percona MySQL and PosgreSQL
- Research and implement the best cloud strategy for production deployments.
- Contenerize the ERP runtime to make it cloud native and portable across cloud providers.
Senior Web Application Developer and New Systems Implementation Researcher
July 2012 - June 2018
Developed and maintained a wide range of applications in Java, PHP, C# and VB.Net. Implemented several systems using the Docker container technology, improving the efficiency and performance of existing services.
- Maintain existing projects in Java, PHP, C# and VB.Net.
- Develop features and systems usin Java 5, 6 and 7.
- Create REST APIs and SOAP services using JAX-RS, JAX-WS and Spring.
- Research on new technologies to improve performance on existing production systems.
- Created the core services for public facing customer BackOffice portal.
- Migrated corporate portal from a homegrown Laravel-based CMS to Wordpress.
- Developed optimized versions of existing production software adapted to use Docker and Kubernetes for cloud and load balanced environments.
- Maintained and created software using the Microsoft .Net technologies.
04.13.2020Pluralsight, Online — Mainframe COBOLCOBOL seems to have more lives than a herd of cats. The death of COBOL has been touted for years - nay, decades. Yet, according to some estimates, there are well over 200 BILLION lines of COBOL code out there - and more code is being generated every day.
04.07.2020Pluralsight, Online — AWS Developer: Designing and DevelopingDeveloping high-performance web applications in the real world requires the use of a cloud provider, and Amazon Web Services is widely recognized as the leader in cloud technology.
06.07.2018LinkedIn Learning, Online — Threading in C#How to write C# applications that perform multiple tasks concurrently-aka multithreaded applications. Programs that use multithreading are more responsive to user input because the user interface stays active as processor-intensive tasks execute on separate threads.
06.14.2018LinkedIn Learning, Online — Advanced Threading in C#Threading is a powerful tool for developers, and having a solid grasp of how it works is key to creating high-performing applications. Threading—or multithreading—can help you create scalable applications that are more responsive to user input.
07.01.2007Bachelor's in Computer ScienceMajored a career in computer science then obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from Universidad Tecnológica de Santiago (UTESA). The credentials were validated by ECE.